Yay! My very first Liebster Award!! I was nominated way back in July, but laziness will not allow someone be great. The Liebster Award, like the Blogger Recognition Award, is a chain-post where bloggers nominate other blogs for exposure.
The rules are simple:
1. Write a blog post about your nomination, thanking the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog in your post.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
5. Nominate 5-11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions as well.
6. List the rules in your post.
7. Inform the bloggers they’ve been nominated and provide a link to the post about your award.
Like I said earlier, I was nominated since July by my best friend (in my head), Oma of Omasserendipity (you should totally check out her blog). I really do not have any cogent reason for not doing this earlier.
a. I love watching cartoons and animated movies.
b. I’m the middle child and the last daughter.
c. I have this weird habit of giving people names especially if they share the same name with a famous person.
d. Never really liked my lips when I was a kid. I felt it was too big, and kids at school teased me mercilessly. Now, it’s one of my most loved assets.
e. I’m a die-hard gooner (Up Arsenal!).
f. I didn’t start making up (or atleast try on make-up) until I graduated from University. No reason why. I’m still learning, as it is. Some days are a hit, other days, a miss.
g. I used to eat sand when I was a kid, and as I grew up, the craving didn’t stop. So, I replaced sand with garri. Although I’ve stopped completely. It’s just so weird!
h. In my head, I’m a very good dancer. The only thing is that I can’t translate it to reality.
i. I’m a homebody. Good thing I married someone who also enjoys staying at home. The thought of dressing up and entering into the never ending Lagos traffic is enough to deter me.
j. When I’m bored, I do a sing-off (or a whistle-off) with our African Grey Parrot, Oscar.
k. I still get teary-eyed whenever I see Patrick Dempsey (Dr. Derek Shepherd in Grey’s Anatomy) in any movie. Can’t and won’t get over his death in Grey’s Anatomy. (Shonda Rhimes is never making it out of my hit-list).
Can you believe that I had to Google “love language”? I think my love languages will be quality time and physical touch. I’m a hugger and a touchy-feely person.
Hmm. Maybe my hubby and my good friend, Kofo. She’s very forward-thinking so I’m sure she’ll come up with ways for us to survive.
When I recited Africa, My Africa (a poem) at a friend’s birthday party. I think I was 7 or 8. After my recitation, the camera man gave me N50 (It was a big money then). And my mum danced to where I was sitting, hugged me and collected the money from me. Still don’t know what she used that money for.
Yes, I am. The random memory brought a smile to my face.
Ever since I watched Lord of the Rings, I’ve been fascinated with Switzerland, and New Zealand. Apparently, some scenes were filmed there. I’d love to go to New York (for the culture), and India (blame Kuchi Kuchi Hota Hai).
LOL! Dis one hard me sha!
Two people come to mind – Temitope and Ijeoma. My two close friends, yellow, sunny and cheerful.
Nope. Wish I could play the violin.
I’m totally a morning person. Once it’s past midday, my brain starts shutting down. So I try to finish my work as early as possible.
No, I don’t think it’s necessary. However, it is advantageous to have one in this modern world.
e. Jamila Kyari
1. If you were to have lunch with a famous person, who would it be and why?
2. What is your comfort food?
3. Name 3 of your favourite childhood games that you’ll teach your children.
4. What is your pet peeve?
5. How much do I have to pay you to jaywalk?
6. Who was the last person you told “I love you”?
7. What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up?
8. How would you describe the colour “red” to a blind person?
9. Who’d you rather – Donald Trump or Adolf Hitler?
10. What is your first reaction when upset?
11. Describe yourself in one word?
That’s all folks! I hope the nominees will not take as long as I did to put up their post. Let’s keep the Liebster Award going by nominating other blogs as well.
PS: Due to my recent inconsistency in putting up posts twice weekly, I’ve decided to scale down to once a week. I may go back to twice weekly later, but for now, once a week seems easier with my work load.
The only exception will be on the days I put up my Weekend Reading List (which is usually on Fridays). Thank you for bearing with me.